Sleep what?






Hello~ So it has been a while, I know. Life has changed over the last 7 weeks, and well even before that. Our family has grown by 2 feet... Literally. Our baby girl Sydney Adele Ward was born approximately 7 and a half weeks ago. She is an angel. First thing I noticed about her, is how beautiful she is. She is our miracle baby in more ways then one. It is amazing being at home with her the past 7 weeks. I've loved every minute. It is nothing as I imagined and everything I could have hoped for. My only wish would be that the weather gets warmer over the next 5 weeks. I love taking her out for walks, but the weather has been so wet and cold that I haven't had enough of that.
What else? Craig and I are obsessed with taking pictures of her. It rather embarrassing, but we've taken an obscene amount of her. Every face she makes we think its the cutest thing in the world, so we capture it. Now I need to work on printing all these pics. One thing I have is a ton of pictures of everyone that came to visit her in the weeks after her arrival. So I'm thinking that I may print from Kodak.com one of those fun collages for her. Her first 24 hours alone she had about 15 visitors. She is a loved little girl, that is for sure. In terms of sleep, she is actually doing pretty good. She just went 5 hours between feedings, which was great. Now if she can go another 5, I would have only had to wake up once in the night. Of course now she and Craig are asleep and I can't sleep. Go figure =)
So the next thing I have to try and work on is getting time away from her. Nothing too crazy, but I think its probably healthy if I have a little sanity time too. This afternoon I realized that in the last 7 weeks I've only been away from her three times. The first was a few hours to have dinner with Amanda and Jen. The second was when Steph and Marco watched her while Craig and I had an early Valentines dinner, and the third was tonight when I went and got a pedicure. I love that the color of my toes is "Belize it or not" hahahaha.
Okay, I'm totally delirious and need to get some sleep, but I want to make sure there are ample amount of pictures her of our new addition. I'm in love!
That is it for now. Keep on keepin it on!

0 comments: