Operation De-clutter

For those that know me, they know that I have a lot of stuff. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I do. Craig and i have been talking about this a lot and we've finally decided that it is time. It is a mental thing more than anything. We've already gone through the office closet and gave a lot of stuff to good will. If we don't use it, don't wear, don't need it, then its going out. The last one is the toughest. Its easy to give up an old jacket you haven't worn in years or a nick-nack that was given to you, but for me there is a lot of stuff we have that we really just don't need. For instance... our house has a lot of pictures in frames. This morning, I've cleared them all out. I of course kept the pictures and have put them in a picture box to some day put in an album, but there is just no need to have pictures around from forever. The goodies will be transfered into newer frames that can go on the wall, but there is just no need to have this many.
Second, we're given up piles of stuff. I don't know if we're alone in this, but we get piles of stuff that you're like... what is this? Some mail, maybe a picture or letter, or something, that at one point you wanted to keep, but not any more. Not in our house.

I'm excited for you all to come visit in a few weeks when project De-clutter is complete. I think you will be surprised. Eeeekkk... One room at a time. =)

Okay, enough talking and more doing! Wish me luck.

0 comments: