Gooey Tubes Galore

What a weekend... thus far!
Marriage is a funny thing. "We search and and we search to find a perfect wife" oh sorry, I was just singing a little Ball and Chain. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Marriage is a funny thing. When you're looking for that special someone, you are out all the time, you are going to things that you think that you would never go to, in case your someone is there. Then you meet them. Ahhhhhh...
Your time is now spent trying to wooh the other one and surprise them with little presents, and plan fun spontaneous things. Although you become more and more comfortable with that person, you want to keep them on their toes with the "Ahhhh."
Then you get married! Then it becomes harder and harder to surprise your someone or maybe that you have so much more to do with work and house and families that you forget that you should still try and wooh the other one. As it says in the poem The Art of Marriage, "the courtship should not end with the honeymoon." Now, its just a matter of making that happen.
We've been instituting date night for some time. We aim for once a week, but it typically happens once a month. I'm sure once we have kids it will go even longer, but it doesn't hurt to try. Craig decided this week was his turn and came home Thursday night with a surprise. The following night we were going camping. My thoughts begin to churn, we haven't made reservations, I have packed anything, where are we going to put the dog, my parents are coming over early Saturday morning... All the things that this would effect. Then I stopped and turned to him and smiled, got excited and said, "Fun". He's obviously thought about these things too, right? He then tells me that we are going to camp in our back yard. YAY! I had told him once that we used to do this all the time growing up and I loved it. Knowing where he grew up, I can only imagine the camping action that happened on the lake.
When I got home Friday after having a lovely happy hour with Jen Flen, he was setting up the tent. I stopped on the way home and got the fixins for gooey tubes which are delightful. Not the Jenny way, but its all about portion control right? We had a really good night. How often do you get to camp when you can go in the jacuzzi when you want? Nice play Warp Speed... I'm going to have do think hard for when I'm planning my next date night!

0 comments: