Run to catch up!

So many things to catch up on. I can't believe I haven't had time to write in here. Time flies when you're having fun!

What have I been doing you ask? Well about a week ago we went to Arizona where Craig raced an Ironman. Or did an Ironman, or is an Ironman? Not sure how you say it, but when we left, he was an Ironman. Jolinda and Bruce flew out from Manhattan, and Brian, Beth, Lily and Emma all came to root him on too. Marco, Dave, Josh, Eric and Kevin participated. Josh did not finish because of the heat, but they all did a great job. Craig finished in 12 hours and 45 minutes. So damn impressive especially since it was in like 95 degrees out at 9:30. He really did show what he's made of.
Oh yeah, that's us at the finish. I love that he still has a sponge in his hat. Makes me giggle.
It was an interesting weekend that is for sure. Well the most interesting was sharing a room with the parents. I think I've hit the age when we just need to suck it up and get our own room. It really was fine, but definitely something to consider next time we're on a trip. After the race, we had the Monday in Tempe by ourselves. We had fun, we crashed the pool at this nice hotel and had ourselves some fun pool side drinks.

What else has been going on. Well we had a Room to Read function last week at D-street. I think it went pretty well. I definitely think we need to expand our reach and get some new blood to these things. But it was fun and we hung out with the San Antonios till the wee hours in the morning. We really hadn't done that in quite some time. I think all four of us needed it. As for everything else in my life, back to work and back to the grind. Today I decided to stop worrying about all the things I'm bad at. Time to concentrate on the good. Now I just need to figure out what those are. Part of the new leaf is to figure those out. Cheers to figuring it out!
Good things that happened today: Definitely figuring out that I concentrate on my bad things is a good thing. Fo Sheeeezy!
Fun things that happened today: My car was in the shop and they said it was going to cost a little under $400 bucks to fix it yesterday. Then today, they called and had another person look at it, and it turns out its over $100 buck less to fix. Giggah What? Love that! Oh and because my car was in the shop, the Craigerator picked me up after work and we went to dinner. Spontaneous!!! Love that too!
Peace out from Club Dub!

0 comments: